Re: fitting brake peddle rubber back on?

> I use a flat bladed screwdriver.

If it does damage the rubber, then the rubber is perished and you need a new one. A rubber in good condition will stretch enough without damage. I have never seen the suggestion of boiling it before, and I wouldn't fancy trying it - though if the rubber is perished and you can't get a new one, it might just be worth a try.

Have a look at the back of the rubber you have. If the hole for the pedal is offset slightly top to bottom (some are, some aren't; it depends on the car) then the thicker piece of rubber lip should be at the top.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

thanks jim. :)

the rubber is only 3years old and still in good condition, i have no idear why it came off. i will look at the back of it so see if one end of the lip is thinner.

Reply to
bongo rule

If it came off, I'd fit a new one. You don't want it coming off when you

*need* the brakes.
Reply to
Doki

Hot water will soften rubber sufficiently.

To Bongo -

But the question is, how did it come off? If it was in normal use, I'm with Doki - I'd say it's worth replacing.

And why post to SO many groups? Seems that this ng is the ideal one for this question.

clive

Reply to
Clive George

it came off five mins after buying the car, on the bottom it looked as though some one had put it on but only the top half was on, there is the imprint of the peddle on the bottom half.

as for the # of newsgroups, i sometimes find someone in another group has an answer that another group cannot answer.

Reply to
bongo rule