Rover 1.8 VVC - weak in lov revs

Hi,

I've got a strange issue with my 2000 Rover 1.8 GTi VVC: Occasionally (usually in the hot weather and after driving for a while on motorway), the engine starts to feel weak, with slow reactions on gas, especially in low revs and eventually stops to react on gas at all. However, the engine never completely stops and once put in revs above around 3k, you can drive it. It feels like the engine is not getting air or gas in low revs. The strange thing is that the next day, everything's perfect again, and it never happens before around 1 hour of driving. I've got it checked by the former authorised dealer (twice) when it happed the first time, but no issues found...and I've been told they haven't replaced anything. Anyway, after the second visit there the problem didn't occur for over 2 months. Now it's back again.. Any ideas what it could be? Filters? Engine management or VVC timing? Overheating?

Thanks

Stefan

Reply to
stefan.kladivik