Re: Tyre changer instructions

I've some tyres I need off the rims if you want some practise? ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark

A manager at Kwik-Fit, then?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

No I'm in a training organisation - keeping the kids off the streets

Bill

Reply to
Bill

You're in a training organisation that doesn't see fit to train its trainers sufficiently?

Reply to
Conor

Half the time with these kids its a case of keeping them off the streets so why should they get full training, give the guy a chances he's probably stopping our cars being stolen, I haven't used a tyre changing machine but if the rest have lets have some details don't knock the bloody guy for trying.

Posted from

MARKBLACK

Come on you call yourself Mechanics I see no replies, maybe you don't know yourselves.

Posted from

MARKBLACK

Errr, I'd have thought that most of us here are DIY mechanics. We'd not have the _faintest_ idea how to use a tyre removal machine!

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

I know full well how to use a tyre changer.

1) Pop the valve. 2) Put it on the bead breaker. Press pedal and arm comes in to break the bead. Repeat for other side. 3) Place on rotating bed. Drop arm down and lift tyre over "levering head" making sure it's in the direction for removal, not fitting and on an angle. 4) Rotate it in the right direction slowly pushing down on the back side and lifting the froint side til it comes off. 5) Use a lever to pull the other bead over the "head" and repeat 4.

The problem with written instructions is that it is VERY HARD to describe which side of the head the tyre needs to be on and how to angle it. The other problem is showing what can go wrong when re- fitting.

Reply to
Conor

I have been brought in to cover a guy whilst hes on the sick, my normal place we don't have tyre fitter equipment, there was only one trainer and he's on the sick for a while.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

The only part I'm not sure of is the bit were the tyre is removed, I know the Side-swing mounting arm, swings over and its pressed down, and then the tyre lever is used to lift the tyre onto this lever arm, the other place I work its a manual one and its very easy to work out.

Bill

Reply to
Bill