Really Good Stuff or Swarfega Orange?

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) saying something like:

Barrier cream to start with makes any hand washing at the end much easier and also protects against dermatitis.

I was unconvinced of it until I started using it some years ago. It certainly does the job.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Wish I'd known about barrier cream when I spent 6th form and university holidays picking tomatos at a local market garden. Ended up scrubbing my hands with bleach to get rid of the dark green. (yeah, I know. and me with a nice fresh chemistry A level at the time. should have known better!)

Still, learned a thing or two about how to remove fingerprints ahead of ID card scans....

Reply to
RichardS

Barrier cream's good stuff, but it's also a PITA as you can't grip things properly. Decent latex gloves that don't split are the best way.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "AstraVanMan" saying something like:

I've tried various types of barrier cream and yes, some get a bit slippery if you get your hands wet in the course of your work, but others work in to the skin and don't get that way.

The trick is just enough and work it well in to the skin until it dries off.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon