Redex :-(

Makes little sense - should be...

-- Ken Davidson DocDelete

Reply to
DocDelete

I payed £2.49 for my telescopic wheel wrench.

-- James

Reply to
James

The joint is fairly far up the bar, and the tubular section is quite thick walled too.

My Dad has a universal extension handle (6ft piece of tube) which is thinner walled, he abuses his tools but he hasn't managed to bend of break that one yet

-- James

Reply to
James

I have one. They are useful for wheel removal when the garage has used an air wrench on the nuts. I never use maximum length/full strength when tightening, I think it is more important to go round the nuts several times progressively, to make sure they are at the same tension with the wheel seated properly.

Reply to
Gordon

You mean the useless thing that bends before it can undo wheel nut that must've been welded on?

And that's what I bought as soon as I found out how well the supplied wheelbrace was. FWIW, I paid about 12 quid for mine, which was quite a bargain compared to amount I would have spent on throat sweets swearing myself hoarse otherwise. :-)

Tom.

Reply to
Tom Saul

I have / had one. The construction is perfectly up to the job in terms of being able to carry the torque, you can certainly do you wheel nuts up well beyond the specced torque if you want to without breaking it, but on mine the thing just came apart in the middle (ie, the inner bit came out of the outer tube). Of course, it still works if you put it together, but it's not quite as handy for waving around :P.

Reply to
Doki

Wearing out a torque wrench by using it's a pretty unlikely scenario. Letting it get rusty , especially the spring, is another matter.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

What are telescopic wheels, then?

Reply to
Allan Bennett

I would say it was unbreakable in practice. Mine was less than a fiver and I've had it that many years at least. The only problem is that the end is angled at something other than 90 degrees which makes it awkward on tight, worn fixings because it tends to slip off. Fine for wheel bolts though.

Reply to
Dan Buchan

I was thinking of banging it about. I'm pretty sure the instructions said not to.

Reply to
Dan Buchan

Ah, you need to buy a higher quality car. :-)

Mine was a few quid from an accessory shop. You can buy the same thing from Halfords for a tenner.

Reply to
Dan Buchan

Why were you thinking of banging it about then?

Reply to
Bob Davis

I just like thinking about it.

Reply to
Dan Buchan

well I wouldn't describe it as ideal but you'd have to disort the tube before it made any real difference & that's not easy.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

They make things a long way away look bigger.

Reply to
Dan Buchan

*sigh* Yes, I own a French car. How did you guess? ;-)

Never mind, I've just bought a Korean car...

Tom.

Reply to
Tom Saul

I mentioned this to my dad and he laughed lol.

Why? I've done it and haven't had any problems.

Reply to
Peter