Central Locking Draining Battery?

Hello, Car is a 94 Rover 214. On Saturday, I went shopping, only to find the battery flat when I returned. I only drive short distances ( disability ), and hadn't used the car for a week. It drained again by Monday morning, just when I had to take my mother to the gp. I put a DMM in series and found a drain of 150ma. From re-reading previous posts, this seems on the high side, or is this normal for a Rover? When operating the central locking about ten days ago, I had grabbed the handle while it unlocked and now all door will centrally lock except the drivers door for which I use the key. I think a linkage is jammed. Could this cause an extra drain?

I visited a battery supplier this morning, and when tested it showed a CCA of 280A, and not the 380A specified by the manufacturer. Replacement was advised. Could the low reading be due to the poor state of charge of the battery, rather than it being a dud? Anyway, I purchased a new battery, and also want to buy a charger to be on the safe side. Is there an advantage in buying an Accumate/Accugard smart charger over buying a Halfords automatic charger? Price difference is another £15.

Apologies for the long post, and many thanks for any advice. John

Reply to
John