Removing an Astra hose clip

At the risk of showing how dumb I am...

I want to release an air-hose from the throttle body/engine cover on my Astra (1.6, 8V, W-reg) and can't see how to undo the clip.

The clip is a peculiar (to me) design. It looks like the ends have been folded around each other to make a small single lump (square cross-section) on the side of the clip,; and there's a bit of coloured wire passing through the 'lump'.

How do I undo (and refasten) it? Do I need a special tool?

(If anyone's interested, I'm trying to get access to the EGR valve which I think may be sticking.)

Many thanks if anyone can help.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Sounds like one of those once-only clips put on by the manufacturer. You cut them off with sidecutters or wrench them off with pliers and replace with an adjustable one.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

Many thanks Rob. I'll buy a new clip!