Fiesta HT leads replacement

Hi all, Got myself a nice job lined up for tomorrow-fitting new HT leads on my '98,

1.25 Fiesta (Endura e engine). I got the leads and smugly expected a half hour or so job, but I just looked at the location of the old ones and cant for the life of me see where the other ends of the blasted things go-it looks to be a really inaccessible place somewhere at the back and under the engine block.....My old Mk1 cortina by comparision WAS a half hour job-everything was in plain view and a doddle.. Anyone done this job and have any pointers for me? Tried googling for a website with pictures or tips etc but no joy. would appreciate ANY advice/help/websites etc. TIA Malc
Reply to
RemoveBeforeFlight

its got a DIS pac distribuless ignition system, the leads have lugs on them and they push onto the pac or coil , which as you say is located at the back of the engine block, bit fiddly but do-able, when you get the leads you will see how they are held onto to the pac via the clips.

Reply to
reg

No you haven't. It's either a 1.3 Endura-E, or a 1.25 Zetec-SE.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Correct-1.3 Endura E...........so do I need to dismantle half the engine to access the lead ends??!!??? Or maybe remove the front wheel? Looks like I might have to..:(

Reply to
RemoveBeforeFlight

just poke your arm down, there is loads of room, squeeze the two ears on each lead and pull, it is also a good chance to clean the coil pack thoroughly.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful