Renault Scenic - Air Recycling Problem

Hi, I have a 2002 Renault Scenic, with an electronic Heating/AC unit (the

2.0 Liter model). My problem is that the Air-Recycling switch does not stay locked - I like having air-recycling on almost all of time, but it keeps getting turned off (every 10-30 minutes) and once I smell the cars around me I know it's time to press the air-recycling button again... Very annoying!

Any thoughts / suggestions? Is this a known problem?

Thanks! Yoyo

Reply to
yoyo1mama

I 'think' it's normal, haven't you read the handbook? - I 'think' it's the same as Volvo's on the V70 - press it once and the light comes on and means

10mins recirc - just in case you are following a smelly car. Press the button twice in quick succession and the button light changes colour and stays permanently on.

I'm not saying your car has this feature, I'm just saying a lot of cars do, so worth checking the handbook.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Sounds like a safety device to me - you should only have the recycling on for short periods, or the air in the car can go stale, leading to drowsiness and ...

Reply to
R. Murphy

try the overide button......open the window......

Recycle only works for a short duration

Paul Miller iEng MIIE (elec)

Reply to
Paul Miller

My what a sensitive nose you have my dear

What others have said plus using recycled air with the AC off means your windows mist up quick, requiring you to switch the air con on and thus lower your fuel efficiency etc.

Reply to
Malc