Replacement g/box for Nissan Almera 1500 manual

An acquaintance has been told by her local Nissan garage that there is "a hole in her car's gearbox" and it needs replacing. (Car is about 4 years old)

They've quoted her £2350 to replace the box, clutch & labour.

Can anyone please advise whether this price is about the going rate for the job ?

Many thanks

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Well assuming the job is to extract as much money as possible from the client. Which gearbox & why was it in there in the first place?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Sorry, all I know is as per subject line... (4 yr old) Nissan Almera

1500 manual g/box. She had "a problem with the gears" this morning and got the car taken into the workshop.
Reply to
Jeff

Well you were correct to post here. Over 2 grand for that job?! Go to another garage, it's about 4 times as much as I woudl expect personally, but before doing so ensure you call the original garage who gave the quote to give them a piece of your/her mind!

Reply to
Robert

I reckon you can make good money if you can source Almera gearboxes for that much.

Reply to
Duncan Wood