replacement rubber boots for brake calipers

Do these exist? Where can I get them? Its for a Renault 5.

Reply to
John

Do you mean the dust seals on the pistons? Might be worth seeing if Renault do a caliper service kit. More likly if you find out the manufacture of the caliper and model your local motor factor will order you in a kit.

Will

Reply to
Will Reeve

Its the 4 little boots that fit one on the end of each sliding caliper - keeping lubrication in and dirt etc out. I haven't tried Renault for a long time, but I seem to recall finding they weren't available on their own. I may try asking a factor if a kit is available (Bendix). The car has 4 on one side that do not fit (too slack). I wonder if they came from someone using the wrong kit.

Reply to
John

all brake rubber components should be renewed every x years according to the service schedules. you will probably have to go to a main agent (take a large amount of money)

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

WRONG ANSWER!

I want to be told of a neat efficient website where I can enter the model of car etc and my visa details and get the parts in the post for a few quid the next day.

Reply to
John

sorry, just telling it like it is.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I think this months Practical classics magazine has a brake part "swap" part showing which model of cars used the same brake parts. Might be worth a look. I can't find my copy which probably means the wife has thrown it out before I finished reading it!

You should get these parts in a kit (I did when I got a kit for the sliding calipers on my car). Is there a renault 5 owners club out there?

Reply to
Will Reeve

==== Big Snip Here =====

Try

Never used them myself but looks like they know what they are about.

Andy Pevy

Reply to
andy.pevy

Dunno if it's quite what you want but what about

adder

Post at:

Chris H will know the answer, there are also quite a few Renault 5 owners there as well.

/Heds

Reply to
Hedley Phillips

I've got the problem sorted now with rubbers from an old car, but thanks to you, Andy and Adder for good suggestions which will be useful for the future . . . and now some keywords to help me find this thread next time . . .

Renault 5 five campus brake brakes new rubber boots replacement imitation pattern bendix sliding caliper rubbers parts online supplier recommend advice.

Reply to
John