Replacing Car Doors

Some bastard decided to bend back the door on the Micra. I can only assume that he (she) then saw the blindingly obvious big yellow bar across the steering wheel and sought an easier target. The question is If I get another one from the scrappy is it just a case of simply taking the old one off and replacing the new one or are there hidden problems ? TIA Ian Still, they're all God's children

Reply to
Ian

It's easier if there are no electrics in the door, such as electric windows, central locking or speakers, and the job is best done with a helper. One problem could be the final alignment. The mountings are designed to be adjustable, so it's a case of trial & error until you get it right. Unless you're very lucky, you'll need a respray - probably best to do this before fitting to avoid unnecessary masking.

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D

I have just replaced a rear door on my daughter's Micra. I tried to get the same colour paint work to save a respray, but couldn't find one .You might have more luck. I got one of the same year and model. The only electrics were for the central locking. I marked the position of the old hinges on the central pillar. With help and some plastic sheeting protecting the body work, in case it scratched, put in the new door, locating it in the lock and then tightening the bolts. No other adjustments were needed. Went like a dream. Don't know how more difficult a front door would be. Just go for it Norma (Please do not reply by email)

Reply to
Norma