replacing discs and pads on focus tdi

replacing discs and pads on focus tdi - is it a DIY able job? I want to change the fromts, haynes on the way courtesy of ebay !!

Reply to
Staffbull

Can't imagine it'd be too tricky - should be fairly mechanically similar to my old Fiesta TDi - no problems other than one of the discs being a right bastard to get off - lots of hammer-whacking. Basically, it's not one of those daft discs-behind-the-hub designs, so you should be fine.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

In message , Staffbull writes

Yes its a fairly easy job but the discs tend to rust onto the hubs if they have been on a long time. If they don't come off with a couple of swings from a lump hammer then the easiest way to get them off is to cut them off with an angle grinder or hacksaw.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

cheers gents, get the parts ready for the weekend :-)

Reply to
Staffbull