Rough starting diesel

Try tracing the wires back to the control relay and cleaning up all of the contacts on it. When I had my diesel 205 the relay sat low enough down to get salt etc off the road blasted on to it, and the ensuing high resistance contacts prevented the glow plugs from operating. A good clean up fixed it. At least it's free to try.

I would have thought that the relay is the same for most of the Pug/Citroen diesels. Certainly mine was marked with Pug, Citroen and Talbot logos on the part...

Reply to
Brian Jennings

Thanks for the replies everyone, no help however. Today i changed the relay with a s/h one from the scrapyard, cleaned contacts too, but the light still doesn't come on. Anyone knows what to look for next? Is there a temp sensor somewhere that controls the glow time that could be faulty?

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Hi all,

It turned out to be a faulty relay and a broken dash light. Replaced both and now the car starts fine again.

Tom

Reply to
Tom