Rover 45 1.4 (X reg) Cooling fan problem

Hi

We have an X reg Rover 45 which we have to charge up occasionally, as the car doesnt get used very often.

Only recently, while charging the battery the cooling fan will come on after a few hours charging and stay on constantly (with engine off). When the battery charger is diconnected, the fan goes off.

If I reconnect the battery charger the fan doesn't come again for another few hours.

The fan being on constantly wears the battery down even more.

The battery does hold a charge.

Does anyone have any known fixes or ever heard of this happening?

Help much appreciated

Cheers

Reply to
Wiggy

check the wires to the sensor (brown one, near the water pipe going into front of block), if one has a poor connection the fan comes on (according to someone with same car and the fan running itself)

Reply to
Mrcheerful