Rover 820 Vitesse Turbo - Smoking!

I have just had a head gasket replaced by a local 'independant'. however since then (7 days ago) the engine virutally used all the oil (put 33 litres in this morning) and for the last two days grey smoke has puffed out periodically from the exhaust, particularly after about 10 - 15 mins driving. Before I take it back to my 'independant' can anyone advise on the probable cause?? Thanks

Reply to
Robbo64

sorry, meant 3 litres!!

Reply to
Robbo64

You're meant to put petrol in that hole ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Followed shortly by a match ;-)

Reply to
Pete M

Is that a V6-possibly Honda engine? Two heads, maybe they did the wrong one (like a surgeon not knowing right from left and dealing with the wrong leg. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

No, the Vitesse is the 4cyl T Series turbo.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)