Rover Metro suspension collapse

Hi, I own a Rover 114sli (P-reg) and am having some problems with the suspension. The drivers side - front and rear are currently sitting on their bump stops.

I have had the system re-pressurised and it stayed up for a couple of weeks, then when I came back to it it was on the bump stops again.

I know that the system in interconnected front and rear, so I just need to locate the leak.

The garage which repressurised the system couldn't locate a leak at the time. Is there a known leaking point, or is it possible that one or both of the hydragas displacers need replacing.

Incidentally the first time this happened it happened suddenly sitting in a traffic jam on the M1 - I pulled off the road and noticed some dripping at from underneath the car at the rear (on the drivers - could this be fluid?

Any plan of action? Should I replace the rear displacer? I assume as the car is sittng on the bump stops I don't need to depressurise the system.

Any advice gratefully received. Matt

Reply to
n6044811

They're all possible but until you find the leak you won'y know. If you left it sitting then look for the puddle, it might be the rear unit but thereagain that might just be where the fluid from the pipe dripped

Reply to
Duncan Wood

sitting then look for the puddle, it might be the rear unit but thereagain that might just be where the fluid from the pipe dripped

Hi

It's not a huge problem, but I don't think your news client wraps lines so they go right across the screen and disappear ( unless it's just a short one ;-) ) There should be a line length setting under Send or Posting options. HTH

Andy Pandy To e-mail, address hopefully, self-explanatory !

Reply to
Andy Pandy

Nope, Somehow I'd unselected "automatically wrap outgoing".

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Been through this twice last year with P reg 1.1 Metro. First time it collapsed on holiday in lake district and local garage stung me for 140 quid for new front suspension. Got it back and it collapsed again. My long time mechanic found there was a small hole in the pipe linking the front and back suspension units where the pipe had rubbed on the sub frame. We got rid of it soon after. Ours was drivers side BTW.

Hope this helps

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

Thanks for the advice. Seems to be the same problem - the pipe has been rubbing on the rear subframe and there seems to be a tiny hole. Have ordered up a new pipe - hope that it fits, I have been given contradicting advaice as to whether the Rover Metro and 100 pipes have the smae fixing.

Hopefully a new pipe should fix the problem.

Reply to
n6044811

n6044811 wrote: snip

Metro A series used different suspension plumbing from the K series cars

Reply to
bonzo