Classic RR air suspension problem

Hi all,

Had a problem with my '94 RR classic today - the link arm on the offside rear wheel height sensor broke on my way in to work. I saw the warning light flash a couple of times, and when I arrived at work the back of the vehicle was pumped right up on the offside due to the sensor failure. However although I have repared the link arm and the sensor is now working correctly the lights are still staying on. I took it to a local independent to have the fault code reset on Autologic and it comes up with failure of everything - valve block, compressor, height sensors, and they say they cant reset it! They tell me it needs a new compressor - was it likely to be damaged by driving a few miles? I cant hear the compressor running but there is still some air in the system - not on the bump stops yet! Hope it makes it home! Any ideas what else may have happened? If the worst comes to the worst I suppose it would be an idea to change it back to coils - any thoughts?

Jon Robson

'94 RR classic '78 SIII lightweight

(guess which one will be used for the rest of the week!)

Reply to
Jon

H'mmm first , go put the kettle on...make a brew, get some biscuits then read this lot......

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D