s40 rear light cracked

Hello, I'm in the UK and have cracked my 1999 s40 rear passenger side light cover. I believe I need to replace the whole light "cluster" is this correct (and is this the correct terminology)? If so does anyone know fairly cheap places to get hold of one of these clusters.

Also, once I've got the cluster, is it fairly easy to remove the old one and install the new one? I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to cars. If not, how much should I be looking to pay to have it done professionally, I don't want to get ripped off obviously.

Thank you in advance Murd

Reply to
murd

Breakers yard or motor factors. Definitely not main dealer.

Usually a few nuts/bolts hold them in. Labour wise, no more than whatever a garage charges for an hour. It takes less but usually they bill the first as a complete hour.

Reply to
Conor

EBay.

- might have some. None specifically listed at the moment, but 'completed items' shows a few.

usually trivial. Do it yourself.

Reply to
PC Paul