Slightly off topic, but which wires go to trailer brake/side light

I have just had to rewire a trailer board but I cannot remember which wire goes to which connection on the brake/side light bulb.

The bulb is a 6w/18w (or something like that).

Is the brake 6w and the side 18w or vice versa ??.

Reply to
boyoboyo

boyoboyo ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

5w/21w.

Think about it briefly.

You're driving along at night, You have your lights on, so the tail lights are lit. You brake.

Do you want the brake light to be brighter than the tail light - and therefore visible over it - or dimmer - and therefore make no real visible difference?

Reply to
Adrian

Given that brake lights are brighter than side lights and more watts means more light I'd go with the "vice versa" :)

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

I know which one you are...