Saxo vtr 2001 (Y reg) mk2, ECU problem

hello

i have a Saxo vtr 2001 (Y reg) mk2, 80k on the clock, in hte past few months done a service of , sparks, oil, gear box oil, coolant.

a few days ago, my Engine warning light came on, i thought thats bad! so checked out the engine and connecters and such like, running 100% ok,

so i disconnected the battery for 2 hours, to clear any fault codes, restarted, still have the same light!

took the car to my mechanic, whose has a full test setup, first used a new diagnostic tester, would not "see" the ECU, which was weird, so he then put on a old diagnostic tester, which was used on the car about a year ago, which at the time worked fine, again did not "see" or could talk to the ECU.

any idea of what it could be? car is running fine, ok, just a tiny, and i mean tiny ( could be me) smell of petrol when you start it up, could be me, tho!

help!

Reply to
les.zawrzykraj

Won't know without getting the fault codes out. Sounds like it needs somebody a bit more competent to check it. Could be something simple like a blown fuse, or possibly a broken wire, but without somehow getting to read the ECU, it could be anything.

Reply to
moray

If it's smelling of petrol it could be running it a bit rich, it may also have gone to a backup timing map as well (limp home mode as it's normally known, standard when there is a problem) but then it would also feel a bit sluggish. As moray says without the fault codes it's going to be difficult to tell what is wrong.

Reply to
Depresion

oh he is competent, just was about to close, end of day, 2 min to do a kiwk check but alas! , its booked in friday, next week, will report back whats found!

Reply to
les.zawrzykraj

loose wire at the back of the dianostic socket!

Reply to
les.zawrzykraj