"Semi"-synthetic oil - any benefit?

I may be wrong - but semi synth is for engines that don't like thicker oils such as a fully synthetic one. The differences are just in the quality in that mineral oil breaks down a lot quicker than synthetic.

Ta,

Graham

Reply to
Graham

I see there are engine oils labelled "semi/part-synthetic". Are they any real benefit over ordinary mineral oils? Seem to remember reading somewhere about never mix synth with mineral - yet this stuff seems to be just that!

Reply to
mike