Skoda Fabia 1.4 16 valves - Revs drop below 1000rpm whilst idle

Hi,

I have a problem with my fabia. When the car is idle (sat at traffic lights etc) the revs drop below 1000rpm then goes back to 1000rpm as if i was reving the engine. I have a couple of warning lights on the dash. This some times causes the car to stall. I also have a problem starting the car sometimes. When it does start it makes a kind of grinding noise (just once then stops).

any advice would be great

thanks

Reply to
mattbroad

Get the fault codes read with an ODB scanner, or better, VAG-COM or a VAS5051/2. The warning lights are telling you there is a fault, and you need the scanner to tell you what is wrong.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Could it be a dirty throttle body ?

Reply to