199 Peugeot 106 idle problem

Hi, I have a problem with my 106 when it is ticking over. Today while sitting at traffic lights it started reving itself up to 2000rpm and then dropped to 1000rpm back up to 2000rpm.....etc I think the people next to me at the lights thought I wanted to race.

It was like this all the way home. Even on the motorway when I pushed the clutch in it was reving between 1000 and 2000rpm.

Later on when I dared to start it up again it ticked over as it should. I only got to the bottom of the drive way and the problem was back.

I have repaired some small problems on the 106 but that does not qualify me as a mechanic, i have no idea what the problem could be. No warning lights come on on the dashboard so I assume it is not the ignition system.

Anyone got any ideas or should i just take it to the garage?

thanks, Keith

Reply to
Keith

Few days ago friend of mine was racing local rally with his 106 rally . Same problem knocked him out of race. Latter he discovered that problem was in his board computer. Maybe it's not the case with your car. Vladimir

Reply to
Grujic Vladimir

On my 106 it was faulty ´idle speed throttle motor´ (solenoid ?) fitted in air intake neck. Unfortenately quite expensive ~120?

Reply to
Jussi Rimminen