Slightly OT 'On the road' question

Occasionally on the road I see cameras which are mounted on very tall poles (probably 25' - 30' tall at a guess). Both the pole and camera are painted blue. What are these for? A friend of mine insists they are for recording passing cars to check for road tax evasion. Is he correct? Thanks for any responses.

Reply to
Pinman

They're the ones that record average traffic speeds for things like trafficmaster.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Pinman gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

No.

They're TrafficMaster.

Reply to
Adrian

Whats traffice master ?

Reply to
Sarah

Whats TrafficMaster ?

Reply to
Sarah

Whats Google ?

Reply to
David Taylor

"Sarah" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Adrian

AAAhh ... I was just googling it aswell.

Reply to
Sarah