Sluggish Seat Leon

I have a 4 yr old Seat Leon 19.Tdi. She has been going well but over the past 2/3 months I have noticed she is getting sluggish. She can hold speed well but doesn't have the same 'kick'-takes longer building up to speed to overtake etc.

Otherwise fine, just through her MoT. Anyone care of make any suggestions?

Reply to
Ron McDowell

Air mass meter.

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Try cleaning the boost pressure sensor on the air intake pipe between the intercooler and the manifold (two screws and one connector).

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

More than likely the MAF.

Remove it and clean with brake cleaner to see if that helps. You will need security torx bits (or be good with mole grips to get it out).

Also if your fuel economy has got better then this was a sign with mine. Or find a mate with a similar car to try.

I bought a new one off ebay but be aware. Do not buy one that does not say it is a Bosch unit and get a new unit not reconditioned. I bought one for £45 that was for a later model VW as I am sure the sensors are the same but the adapter tubes differ. Also the Merc Pierburg unit is supposed to work at about £45 from a Merc dealer. Also try

but I would not buy the cheaper unit they sell (this is the non Bosch unit that caused me loads of problems and sells for about £30).

If it is this you will be amazed at what a difference a new one makes.

Paul Edwards

Reply to
Paul Edwards

Thanks for those suggestions. I'll be in the garage next week and let you know what happens. The silly air bag light came on a few days ago so I have to get that looked into...

Reply to
Ron McDowell

It was the air flow meter. Replaced, and going like a bomb.

Reply to
Ron McDowell