Renault Megane catalytic convertor

Hi The cat converter on my S reg Megane is rattling but I've been told that it is still ok to drive and will not damage the engine. I've also been told that I must get it replaced right away as itt will damage the engine. I still need to use the car for a short while before I can either do the job myself or put it into the garage. Is it a big job to replace and are there any particular difficulties I may come across if I do the job myself? TIA Phil

Reply to
PP

The message from "PP" contains these words:

The only way it could damage the engine is by blocking the exhaust so suddenly and solidly that no gasses can escape - you'd probably pop an exhaust joint or gasket.

It can't affect anything much else 'cos all the sensors are well upstream of the convertor.

Reply to
Guy King

It won't damage the engine & it's no more difficult to change than any other bit of the exhaust

?recordID=2863Obviously navigate to whatever engine you've got

Reply to
DuncanWood

Thanks for your help.

Reply to