small stone chip on screen

As header, I have found a small round stone chip on the windscreen about

2 or 3 millimetres across, outside driver's field of vision by 10 centimetres. Is it feasible to fix this with a DIY kit or does it need to be done by the likes of Autoglass? Thanks for any feedback. Paul.
Reply to
Paul

get autoglass to do it, they often have stands in big shopping centre places and do those repairs for nothing.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Yup, you can do it yourself, but it's not as if it's a usefull skill that you'll ever see any return on investment on.

but Autoglass will probably do it better for less money.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The pro kit uses a vacuum pump to expunge all the air from the chip, and force the resin into the cracks. Any kit without vacuum (ie, every DIY kit I've seen) will fill the cracks reasonably well, and probably stop them propagating as well, but it will be far more visible.

Reply to
Doki

I tried one of the DIY kits and all I managed to do was stretch the crack :-/. Go to autoglass/auto windscreens.

Reply to
Chris Bartram