Smart Car Problems

[...]

As a 'run around' for the wife?

I suppose it depends on who your wife is...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Mine won't trade down from an Alfa 156 to a MiTo, as they're 'silly little things for women who can't drive proper cars'.

Whereas, I'd quite happily trade my Golf for something smaller - 25k miles with just me in the car would be fine in a high spec. MiTo, A1, Polo etc.

Reply to
SteveH

Not much chance of finding out ATM...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Ask in your own country. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

paint fades, plastics and interiors crack up, leather is very prone to sun damage, batteries dry out, fuel vapours escape, tyres disintegrate.

Reply to
Mrcheerful
[...]

Still working here for me. The direct link is:

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

same for that one too: I get a page missing type thing that says (amongst a load of other stuff):

I can't seem to find what you think you're looking for. What the heck just happened? Well unfortunately, I think you've just experienced what we webmasters refer to as a "Big Problem". This could be caused by several factors including: The material you are looking for is no longer available. The material you are looking for was really never available. The material you are looking for is around here someplace, but we have cleverly hidden it in a location called "somewhere else". What should I do now?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Reboot router & PC (although router alone might well fix it).

Tim

Reply to
Tim

I can get into the site, if I navigate the onpage links I can get to the bit Chris meant, it looks like it is just a very poorly made site, why on earth the index page has all that junk on it is beyond reason.

Reply to
Mrcheerful
[...]

I'm on Linux/Firefox. I booted up a Windows (XP) box, and tried it in Firefox; it was fine.

I then tried it with IE, and with the trailing '/index' it does indeed give an error message. Using:

gives a cleaner look.

It looks like the site is being or has been updated, with some files missing or duplicated.

FF seems to cope with that OK, and IE doesn't.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

You would think that sites would be tested with the commonest browser on the planet. Glad it wasn't just my machine :)

Reply to
Mrcheerful
[...]

It is difficult.

I maintain a few sites; a vanity one for family photos, and a couple for small businesses. There are so many combinations of browser, browser version, and OS that it becomes hard to try them all.

I looked at my site in the Midori browser recently, and it was terrible! It's fine with IE, FF, Chrome and Opera in both Windows and Linux.

BTW, current stats show that in some parts of the world, Chrome is used more than IE ;-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Even though it's basically a Yaris with a funny bodyshell and wheels pushed to the corners like the original Mini?

Saw the Aston Martin version of it recently , looks good, but so it should for over 30k

Reply to
The Other Mike

Saw a VW Up! yesterday. Looks quite cute.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

My wife has a Kia Picanto and loves it. Hers is the 1.1 'Ice', not the current model. We bought it new in 2008 and not had any trouble, good on fuel, comfortable for the odd "long run" (a few hundred miles) when needed. Cheap to insure. I actually enjoy driving it (my normal cars are a CRV or an MX5). I do my own routine servicing and it is easy to "get at".

My local friendly garage (which I use for jobs I can't do myself) tells me he rarely sees one with serious issues.

We are thinking of getting a trailer so we can tow it behind our motorhome.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay.