something to remember about DVLA

Mine looks like it has been clocked for my kit-car, but it has not. The odometer has a decimal point in front of the last digit on the LCD display. It is a very small point and for three consecutive MOTs different garages managed to multiply my mileage by 10 - then I started warning them beforehand, so my mileage appeared to drop dramatically.

Reply to
Steve Walker

In your case you would lose nothing.

Another little wrinkle dvla have added is that if you get a refund of tax by declaring sorn, and then decide to tax the car after just one month on sorn, you will lose your refund. You must have it on sorn for at least two months (if you have had a refund) I am not sure what they are trying to eliminate by that.

Reply to
MrCheerful

I wondered that, because when I have had refunds they come back within three weeks. Perhaps it is just a frightener.

Reply to
MrCheerful

Cheers.

Oh, so how do they re-claim that?

No, quite.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You can get up to a thirteen month mot by taking it in during the month preceding its birthday, it is best, but not essential to take the V5

Reply to
MrCheerful

So would I, but I haven't worked out how to do it that way.

Car will be 3 years old next February, and immediately becomes liable for MOT, so I need to get it MOT'd before taxing it.

Reply to
Gordon H

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea, even if I change the car during the year. Yeaah, I know what you're thinking, but if I do, I'm spending my savings before the kids do, and at my age . . . ;-)

Reply to
Gordon H

I think we have had them back even quicker.

Could be, except those sorts of things generally only have any affect those who would want to do it right in any case.

I was talking to a bloke a while back who was saying that he could do more courier work, had he been able to go further 'because of the cameras' ... It took me a second to realise why. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m