Spare key

I need another key for my 206 as I bought the car with only one key,where do I go apart from a peugeot dealer?

Reply to
Howard Lambourne

Key cutting shop?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

You will then need to visit the dealer to have the new key recognised by the ECU so it will re-mobilize the car.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

You might be pleasantly surprised talking to a local key-cutter, mine was quite capable of programming many, if not all manufacturers keys (and was doing a roaring trade, also) - forget the cost, something like £25

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Why not Peugeot as a matter of interest?

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

The message from "Malc" contains these words:

Damned expensive, I expect.

Reply to
Guy King

More than likely if it's anything like my Avensis key with remote central locking and immobiliser - £150.24 to get a spare at my local Toyota dealer. :E Fortunately the garage I bought the car from agreed to bear half the cost which softened the blow a bit.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

*Clunk* [1] [1] Jaw hitting floor

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

My reaction too. I'm now frantically trying to remember where the main key for my car is.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

Actually I got it wrong, it was £150.28 not £150.24! :/

£130 for the coded key and another £20 labour coding it to the car. I've seen instructions on how to do the 2nd part but considering the cost of the key I figured it wasn't worth risking getting it wrong. The reason I was prepared to splash out that sorta cash was that had the only key I had failed (ie. dropped in a puddle or something) I was looking at a complete ECU/Immobiliser replacement at £1800+ (according to the smiling Toyota guy). :/

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Parts blokes hardly ever look shocked by the prices they chuck at you, do they? I'd be bloody embarrassed!

Still, not their money is it?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot