Spark plug thread lube

On the cars last service getting the plugs out was a bit of a git on the wifes ford ka which is notorious for seizing in.

What can I put on the threads to ensure they come out easily infuture ? (not sure on the correct lubrication to use copper grease or silicone grease are both used for high heat waterproff and so forth) whats the recommended olube for this application ?

Reply to
Maxi

A copper based grease.. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

eg copperslip, and ensure you a) only tighten them to contact + 15deg, and b) remove them yearly, even if you dont replace them.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Nuts I just finished a tube of copperslip recently. I have some silicone grease ? would that do the trick ? or should I get my coat and go and buy some more copperslip?

Reply to
Maxi

Buy some more copaslip :-)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Hehe ok will do. I spent 2 years trying to use that tube up and finally did this month on a pad changed.

Reply to
Maxi