Audi A6 misting the windscreen

Hi all, I've got a 10 year old Audi A6 which steams up the front windscreen when the hot blower is on, regardless of the internal or external temperature of the car. This happens whether the air conditioning is turned on or off. When blowing cold air this doesn't happen. It doesn't seem to be linked to rain outside, or even having rained recently, and the car has a couple of little dehumidifier pockets in it so the inside of the car is dry.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

Pollen filter clean? (If fitted.)

Any noted coolant loss?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Not enough coolant loss to lower the level of the fluid in the car. I'll check the pollen filter.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

On some cars its a faulty seal on the pollen filter cover that lets water in to cabin blower motor input duct.

Reply to
alan

Took the filter out and it misted up for a couple of seconds then cleared and remained clear. So that'll be the problem sorted.

Gonna go get a replacement filter tomorrow and fit it, but in the mean time it's going to make the car a much more pleasant place to be. :-)

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

Check the drains in the scuttle area, under the battery. Is the footwell wet?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

The batteries in the boot IIRC, next to the spare wheel.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan