Fiesta MK4 September 2000

The front near side sidelight is intermittent. I removed the headlight unit and checked the bulb which tested good. I replaced the headlight unit. The side light is still intermittent. Banging the headlamp unit with a fist brings the bulb back on again.

I noticed an intermittent sound coming from around the near side head light unit which seemed to follow the intermittent side light. Sounded like a motor or pump.

What motor or pump is in that area and is there a common connector which may be intermittent in the area?

Thanks

Reply to
Alt Beer

I should add that all other internal and external lights work fine and the car runs well.

Thanks

Fiesta MK4 September 2000

The front near side sidelight is intermittent. I removed the headlight unit and checked the bulb which tested good. I replaced the headlight unit. The side light is still intermittent. Banging the headlamp unit with a fist brings the bulb back on again.

I noticed an intermittent sound coming from around the near side head light unit which seemed to follow the intermittent side light. Sounded like a motor or pump.

What motor or pump is in that area and is there a common connector which may be intermittent in the area?

Thanks

Reply to
Alt Beer

Motor = headlamp height adjustment.

Common connection = earth.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Is the adjustment motor inside the glass headlight unit?

Thanks

Reply to
Alt Beer

It's actually inside the bulb. It's really really tiny :)

Reply to
Dave Baker

Is the adjustment motor inside the glass headlight unit?

Answering my own Q yes it is - now checking connections.