Strained springy noise when pressing gas pedal

Basically on a 04 focus 1.8 petrol.

When I press the gas pedal I kinda of hear/feel a springy noise haven't had a chance to have a look as it been raining hard. Hope its nothing worrying. Its about just over halfway down when you press.

Any idea of what might be up ?

Reply to
ianhopkins

Do they have a cable?

Lubrication all points

cable strand broken.

Take out and check if its not sticking.

or with linkages

lubrication or bushes.

Reply to
Rob

Yes'

Preferably with a silicone lubricant, not dino oil or WD40, as it's all plastic.

They are plastic coated, so unlikely but possible.

It's easy to unhook it at the pedal end; you can then check to see if the pedal moves smoothly on its own. You may need to remove the plastic cover over the pedal area; five screws, plus unplug the diagnostics connector. I can manage without however.

Again, silicone lubricant advised.

The cable is described as self-adjusting, which appears to mean non- adjustable, so there's nothing to go wrong there.

Get someone to operate it, and listen under the bonnet; the throttle return spring is a possible culprit.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Given the amount of posts about this car, Paranoia i reckon :)

Reply to
Nige