Engine light 206

The orange engine light came up on my 206 yesterday. It stayed on for 10 minutes then when I restarted the car it was off. All the while the car was running fine. The light hasn't come on since.

All I could really find was that the oil level had dropped a bit to halfway down the stick. It doesn't usually use any oil at all.

Started it up today and all is fine it seems.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Jimmy

Diesel or petrol?

My diesel did this after becoming difficult to start. turned out it was one of the unions on the suction side of the fuel pump sucking air in.

AJH

Reply to
andrew

Thanks. It's petrol

Reply to
Jimmy

it could be something as mundane as using supermarket petrol.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Note sure if its applicable to the 206.

But on the 307 the engine light comes on because of a problem with the brake switch. From your description all the signs point to this. The brake switch controls heaps of things. Can be checked on the computer but I would ask at the spare parts counter or the service section of a Pug the dealer if its a know problem also with the 206. The switch is located under the inner kick panel passengers side. Not an expensive part.

Reply to
Rob