Subaru Impreza Front Driveshafts - Differences between 4WD and FWD?

Hi folks,

I have a 1995 Impreza 1.6gl 2WD i.e. FWD car. The N/S driveshaft is getting pretty noisey, so I am looking for a replacement. The trouble is trying to find another 2WD model. Most are 4WD.

Does anyone know if the front driveshafts are the same on the 2WD and

4WD model?

The breaker has told me he "thinks" they are, but don't want to take the risk if I can avoid it.

Thanks Rob

Reply to
robpol