diesel pump renault espace 2.1 TD

we have a problem with our renault espace 2.1 TD, we have replaced the engine, and now the engine will start and tick over sweet as a nut BUT when you press the throttle (either by pedal or by throttle arm itself) the engine will not increase in revs at all ! :(

could anyone shed any light as to what the problem maybe :?:

Reply to
Anonymous

engine, and now the engine will start and tick over sweet as a nut BUT when you press the throttle (either by pedal or by throttle arm itself) the engine will not increase in revs at all ! :(

Usually in this case, or where the engine dies when the thorttle is opened, its is the charge pump within the Injection pump that has failed. There are vanes within that break up.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

If it was an L series Rover and the drive belt to the Bosch pump was missing, it would do this as well.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard