sykes pickavant 30050000 multimeter

Hi I have just been given a sykes pickavant 30050000 multimeter in perfect working order, but I have no operating instructions with it, I have spoken to sykes p and they no longer have any copys as they stopped selling this model 12 months ago, does anyone have a copy I could have or know where i could obtain one many thanks to all

Reply to
Harvey

Googling, it looks like a bog standard (and no doubt re-badged) multimeter in which case you don't need an instruction book[1], you need to understand what voltage, current and resistance are and how they're related.

[1] Instructions are basically: Select the function you want from the dial, look at the lettering around the probe sockets to determine which two probe points you'll need to use.
Reply to
Scott M

It has some extra functions like RPM, dwell, transistor checker and things like that as far as I could see, some places still have them in stock.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

That is *really* shitty service. I'd expect a pdf or a photocopy at the very least.

Reply to
The Other Mike

The basics of using a DVM are all the same. Google on using a DVM. Most makers instructions are very basic. If there's any particular function you don't understand, ask about that specifically.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Especially given their high prices.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Lesson learnt.

If it's less than 10 years old and doesn't have instructions on the Internet it should be passed over even if it's free.

Even stuff like Clarke CHT229 Double Flaring Pipe Kit has instructions on the net.

You can tell the difference between an enthusiasts car and plebeian one. The enthusiasts will have gone to the trouble of sourcing a factory WSM and will have a scanned copy on the net. There is a sort of middle ground where you have to find the English copy of the manual on a foreign site but they tend to be ones that have 9,999,990 out of

10,000,000 examples made queuing up to be crushed. No one in their right mind would keep one.

Honda actually put some manuals on their web site but they seem to stopped adding to them. They appear to be orphans with no live links from the main Honda site and no index as to what manuals are on there.

Peter Hill

Try

it probably won't be too different.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Hi thanks to all of the above looked at harborfreight.com nearly the same as good as cheers

Reply to
Harvey

I asked one of the people selling the meters on eBay if he would be willing to copy a manual. No reply so I guess he's not interested.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Hi thanks for that tried a few myself but to no avail! tried sykes p again they did email me some info but for tottaly the wrong peice of equipment, cant believe they dont have records of their products.

Reply to
Harvey