Is there such a thing as a " Japanese Jeep" ?

Note it says, "JEEP" and has the patented bar grille. Supposedly it is legal to import this little guy into the US. Is this kosher or some kinf of scheme?

Also, how much is $6500CDN in real money?

I don't work for these guys or recommend them I only want to know if it is legitimate and 100% legal.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

there is more than one manufacturer of vehicles lick this. The Russians have one as well as the Chinese. After spending extensive time in both countries I figured out that these people copy nearly everything from somebody else with very poor engineering. If you took European and Asian vehicles as a whole they are junk (excluding Japan) a Russian car life expectancy is only

2 yrs for a new car. The US is one of the only places that cars are given a WTY longer than 12 months.

Reply to
extremetj

Here is a currency converter

currently $6500CDN = $5,279.45 USD

Reply to
Rusted

Not to be the price police, but isn't that kind of steep for what you get? Look at some expired ebay auctions (first interesting one I crossed was

4562345174) to see what else you could get for your money. If your heart is set on a diesel powered old jeep, maybe it is worth it.

Reply to
Rusted

In real money? knob

Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper

I don't know about this one, but Jeeps are made in a factory in Columbia, licensed by Jeep and using tooling bought from Jeep. It's weird looking at the news on Telemundo, when there is a story on Columbia, seeing all the brand new Jeeps that should be forty or fifty years old.

$6500 Canadian is about $4000 Euros.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

As of yesterday the Canadian dollar was worth 82.05 cents (us)

Reply to
Billy Ray

I'd really like to know who wasted 10g's on this weird contraption:

griffin

Reply to
Robb S via CarKB.com

Yes, Mitsubishi made Jeeps. BTW, the "Patented" seven slot grill was indeed patented, but by Ford.

Reply to
jeff

Reply to
thomas

Then I would say that those people aren't very well traveled. With the quality of printers out there a lot of country's are adopting money that looks "funny"

Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper

If you think Canadian money looks weird. you should see Auzzi money or money from Singapore. it is plastic and clear through the center. Or Russian money but even better is the Chinese RMB they have paper money even for their "cents" just made a lot smaller.

Reply to
extremetj

I don't know that. I read an article on the Jeeps a few years ago, and I see them all the time on the news. I doubt you could import them. Here is a link that claims the following

"The name "Willys" was alive and in production at least into 1999. Willco ("Willys Colombia") has been producing several Jeep models in South America under licence, including a CJ-3B-type body on both short and long wheelbases."

Here is another cool link. If you don't read Spanish the pictures are at least interesting. In one of my classes they made the claim that Colombians are happier than people in the United States, despite their country's well-known problems. One reason could be the greater availability of CJ3Bs and unpaved roads.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Altho maybe biased, I'd prefer coloured "funny-money" since it's blatantly easy to tell the bills apart especially in the dark. I work in a

1100-capacity nightclub and we do about 4-5 transactions per minute in very dark conditions and the few times we've received US currency, it's annoying to have to actually LOOK at the bill to figure out what you've got. I notice that a lot of Americans that come up and come to the bar laugh at our money at first but after a few experiences they start to admit that it's easier to distinguish our bills from theirs. I've heard a lot of stories (admittedly, mostly Canadians but one or two Americans as well) who got burned at a cashier by giving the wrong US bill. That doesn't happen up here very often.

Reply to
griffin

The Homeland Security Agent asked me why the Jeep wasn't dirty if I was off-road camping. After I told him washed the car with lake water when arriving at my camping spot and that I stopped at the coin car wash before crossing the border to use up the last of my Canadian money he asked how I 'planned to get home without any money'.

He was unimpressed when I told him I had a full tank of Petro-Canada gasoline, some US currency, a debit card and a credit card.

PS I still have 36 cents Canadian currency.

Reply to
Billy Ray

It probably doesn't help outside the country that we have three (3) current issued versions of the $20 all of which look different and all 3 are in general circulation.

That being said the only currency more accepted world wide than the US Dollar is a pack of American cigarettes.

Reply to
Billy Ray

when many different versions of the SWB jeep was taken out of production (at several different plants world-wide throughout the years) the stamping/manufacturing equipment was sold to japan and several other countries. here is one built by mitsubishi.

Nathan W. Collier

I loved the Hummer comparison test.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Thats true, everywhere we've went I've had at least a little US $$.

Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper