Syphoning petrol from a Corolla

Finally trading in my old 1994 Corolla tomorrow. Annoyingly my son has just filled up the tank a few days ago when he passed a cheap filling station. Since petrol is so dear now, i tried the old garden hose into the hole.

For some reason it just won't go down more than a little way and wont reach the petrol level. Is this something designed on purpose in the old Corollas or is there a way around it?

Reply to
john brook

work out which is the pipe FROM the tank at the fuel filter (or elsewhere) under the bonnet (or underneath if appropriate) and disconnect that and use it to siphon the fuel out .

Reply to
Mrcheerful

another way is to establish which is the return pipe to the tank, disconnect that connect it to a hose and run the engine, but be very careful as it will come out quite forcefully and petrol is easily lit especially in hot weather.

Reply to
Mrcheerful