system4 fuel saver- does it?

Save fuel that is......Been reading about this- metal pellets that go in the fuel tank or in line in the fuel line- act as a catalyst- make the fuel burn more efficiently therefore save fuel( quoted15%)/more power etc etc

if it does genuinely act as a catalyst it would seem to make some sense- but sounds too easy- so if it does work i'm wondering why manufacturers don't stick one in every car! Anyone had any experience with this?

Regards Mike

Reply to
Mike

I know one chap who swears they work, but he sells them for a living. He couldn't prove it, so I don't believe him.

Reply to
Pete M

No.

Lets just say they did work as a catalyst and changed the burn characteristics of the fuel, how much do you think your ECU will adjust?

Reply to
Depresion

They've moved on from claiming they save leaded engines being damaged by unleaded petrol, then? After being prosecuted by trading standards? Suppose they'd have to - not so many 'leaded' cars around these days. That's the beauty of snake oil. Can instantly change to any use you can invent.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

=A0 London SW

Hi- thanks- I'll take that as a 'no' then (lol) (They are still claiming the leaded thing also) I thought it sounded too good to be true-Don't know how they get away with it- you would think someone must have contacted trading standards- and from what you say they are unlikely to be able to provide proof of their claims- Mike

Reply to
Mike

The snag is it's also difficult to disprove their claims without spending a deal of money. And since it's a low cost item few could be bothered.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There are several ways that they manage to delude people into thinking that it works. The lead thing relies on the fact that most old cars will run happily on unleaded for a few thousand miles before any damage occurs. (My Triumph Vitesse has done at least 15,000 miles on unleaded with no additives.) Increased fuel efficiency claims probably rely on people following the installation instructions to the letter. And since those instructions will involve giving the car a damned good service, it's hardly surprising that it runs better afterwards.

I fell for something similar once when I was young and naive. It was an oil additive called Slick 50 (may even still be around). Once "installed" and having checked the plugs, timing, carb settings, etc., I studiously drove for 20 miles at exactly 40mph as instructed, and would you believe, my old Viva managed 45mpg! Amazing.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Have a read at this site:

Reply to
Doki

It's bollocks.

Reply to
Conor

And that site would be....

Reply to
moray

The site is snake oil too...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

At I wild guess, how about:

Even if it's not what Doki intended, the OP would do well to read it...

Ian

Reply to
Ian Riches

Thanks Doki really informative. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

No, in a word, it's "bollocks".

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

More bollocks?!?--

Mike

Is that a confused question or a statement.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Well, pretty much. The report starts with "a series of tests with the Broquet Fuel Catalyst fitted into the fuel system of a standard

*carburetted* petrol engine." Doesn't inspire confidence that the device is any use to a car built in the past 15 years. (Quite apart from other problems with the testing like the lack of A-B-A)

See also

Tony

Reply to
www.fuelsaving.info

Question!

Reply to
Mike

Question

Reply to
Mike

It's referring to a carburettor equipped vehicle & doesn't even quote the actual test results, just their own summary & conclusions.

Reply to
Duncan Wood