Problem with new rear screen for Peugeot 306 1997

The rear screen was mysteriously broken on Monday night, replaced today by RAC Auto Windscreens. Unfortunately the rear wiper motor assembly now won't fit and they said "take it to a Peugeot garage".

I've had a close look and there's nothing wrong with the motor assembly. The hole in the glass is not in the right place to marry up with it. According to the glass people there's only one screen for the 306 so it must be right. Looked at from the side the glass appears significantly more convex than the previous one. If you fit the wiper motor assembly to the glass the rear mounting point is 2-3cm away from where it should be so it's a significant error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim Steele

get a genuine glass fitted

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Yup, that would fix it, but the insurance insist on using RAC Auto Windscreens and they only fit their own glass. Have to try complaining.

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim Steele

If it was me, I already would be. Loudly!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Norwich Union? They are both owned by Aviva so they can effectively pay themselves.

Reply to
Depresion

Absolutely yes. Essentially the repair is unsatisfactory - in a big way. The replacement part is unsuitable and needs to be replaced itself.

Reply to
DervMan

RAC finally agreed to order one, Peugeot quoted overnight, this then stretched to two weeks, then four weeks.. I hear unofficially 3/4 months is possible.

Good job we have another bit of glass (albeit the wrong shape) to keep the rain out while we wait!

Tim

Reply to
Tim Steele