X300 - locking fuel filler and syphoning?

Hello all - had a "strange" experience in Bristol this week where absolutely all the fuel in my car "dissapeared" over night. Not very surprisingly, the useless plastic lug that acts as the fuel-flap catch has been broken off my car.

I asked a Jag garage if I could fit a locking filler cap to prevent this happening again - they responded by saying it's impossible to syphon fuel out of a a Jag and anything other than the standard bung could risk all sorts of problems with the fuel pump or tank pressure or vacum issues.

Does this make sense? Has anyone else fitted a locking cap to their Jag - if so, from which UK store or vehicle make did they acquire it?

Cheers Mug

Reply to
Mugwump