Ten quid IR thermometers - any good?

eBay's got plenty of 'em, all with the same stock photo.

et al Are they any use, or are they as s**te as the price would suggest?

Reply to
Adrian

I bought one of these a couple of years ago and another one when they last appeared.

Utterly excellent little device, been in constant use and more than accurate enough. The first one is still on its original battery.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Define "good". I've got one and it appears to work.

Reply to
Huge

Looks like the one I got from Maplin a few years ago, I think it was about £15-20 then. Works, does the job.

Reply to
DJC

Thanks to all. Worth a punt at that price, then.

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian was thinking very hard :

It looks identical to one I bought, to replace one I bought from Maplin at 6 times the cost, which only lasted for weeks. My ebay cheapy is still working fine and it seems very well built and accurate.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield