The Motor Industry Code of Practice for Service and Repair

The Code launches to the general public during August 2008.

they are hoping for a big uptake amongst franchised & independents, BUT given the code is only voluntary to join im wondering how much clout its going to have.

our own garage which is an independent, subscribes to various automotive bodies/schemes, but again these are only voluntary, personally id like to see a mandatory scheme or code of practice.

Reply to
reg

It won't even be worth the paper it's written on. A code of practice is what trade bodies have to avoid having rules to obey.

Wessex Water gave me a copy of their code of practice when they needed to put a pipe beneath my allotment, and then broke it in several major respects, utterly trashing the allotment, and there's sweet FA I can do about it.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat