Repair/Replacement of 12-Disc CD Player

The GM factory installed Pioneer 12-Disc CD Player in my

2001 C5 locked up and would not even eject the carrier.

The GM dealer wanted way too much money to pull it, ship it off for repair and reinstall.

I pulled the unit that was no bid deal (4-screws) and sent it to

United Radio Service, Inc.

5705 Enterprise Pkwy E Syracuse, NY 13057

(800) 448-0944 (315) 446-5570

by FedEx Ground. They received it this morning called for a Visa and it will be returned today. The guy said it failed all tests and they just swapped the case and it comes with 1-year warranty.

The repair/replacement price is $195 including return shipment.

Keep this in mind if yours craps out.

Reply to
aRKay

The repaired unit showed up by UBS next day and works perfect! Nice to have John Darude's Before The Storm back

I recommend United Radio for Service for out of warranty Radio or CD Player repair.

Reply to
aRKay

Thanks for this great information. The CD/Tape Player crapped out on my Bose system in my '92. I spent close to $300 to get it fixed. The C5's 12 unit player is doing great. I filed your post in my "Corvette Maint" folder so I can find it when I need it. Thanks again for such useful information.

Bob Drake 67/74/92/00

Reply to
Blue C5

Bob.... thank for the note. The replacement 12-Disc Player is working perfect and John Darude was playing while I was putting in the screws.

They even returned it via UPS next day that was unexpected.

It was nice doing business with United Radio Service

Dick

Reply to
aRKay