Service Code Identification

Hello

Looking to find a site that explains the service part ID codes - so I can decrypt the tag found in the glove box... Find out what was originally on the truck.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Reply to
rmarles

Go to

or
and do a search for "gm rpo codes" They aren't called 'service part ID codes' they're called RPO codes.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
Bobo

You couldn't go back to 1980 could you Bobo? I have an El Camino project car with no RPO tag to be found!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
Bobo

Thanks, I'd appreciate it!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
Bobo

I could have made up the VIN on my 1972 Malibu, didn't fit in with any kind of 'format' that any gov service knew (or the insurance company).

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ