This guy has been mown down by cyclists three times in three months !

"It most recently happened last Monday when I stepped out of my shop and someone ran in to me. "

"The lady on the bike was going that fast, she ran in to me and then went over the handlebars."

(obviously a made up story since cyclists do not go over the handlebars)

"She then gave me a lot of abuse " (what? a cyclist giving abuse when they are in the wrong? surely not?)

Mrcheerful

Surprisingly they do go over the bars, when the front wheel comes to an abrupt stop.

Rob

I can vouch for that! It happened twice in my teens. I rode the 30 miles to Ainsdale with a few mates, and we had a fast run along the sands to Southport. I hit a patch of soft sand and the front wheel turned sideways and bent backwards below the axle. There was nowhere for me to go except over the bars...

It needed much tramping on the rim and use of a spoke key to straighten the wheel enough for the journey home.

The second occasion was when racing with a mate and I touched the kerb and the bike dropped from under me. I went over the top and somersaulted, breaking my collar bone when I landed.

But we never rode on pavements and we stopped at red traffic lights, doing a standstill without putting a foot down.

My main complaint about bike riders is when they whip on and off between pavement and road. They need culling...

Reply to
Gordon H

In message , Mrcheerful writes

It is useful to carry a strong stick when walking on pavements. ;-)

Reply to
Gordon H

sorry, I misposted this to this group, the intention was uk.rec.cycling posts such as yours would go down a storm with the psycholists that infest the group.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Heh!

Reply to