Toe-in specs in Haynes manual.

I was just looking at the toe-in (or out for that matter) specification for my car in the Haynes manual and it specifies as 1mm IIRC (its a Pug 205). I thought toe-in/out was an angle, so what does 1mm refer to? Is it 1mm at the front of the wheel with respect to the centre of the wheel or what?

Reply to
Davemar

specification for

a Pug 205).

Is it 1mm

wheel or what?

It's the difference between the distance between the wheel rims on a horizontal c/line at the front, to that of the rear. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

OK, so that's the wheel rims, not the tyre as well? Its curious then that Haynes should specifies 1mm from all models after

1988 (why it changed then who knows??) regardless of version. So it applies for 13", 14" and 15" wheels, which would all result in a slightly different toe-in angle for each wheel size.
Reply to
Davemar

Yep, although the range allowed is significantly bigger then the variation caused by rim size.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

(its

to?

the

rims

models after

So it

a slightly

With 13" wheels the toe-in angle, to 5 decimal places, is O.17629 degrees and for 15" wheels, it's 0.15278 degrees. A difference of 0.02351 degrees. In round figures a little more than buggerall. :-) Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Or a percent difference in angle of 15%, which is huge! ;) But 15% of sod-all is bugger-all...

Reply to
Davemar